A high-quality PE curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities.
- It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness.
- Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
Aims of our Curriculum for PE
The Curriculum for PE aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities;
- are physically active for sustained periods of time;
- engage in competitive sports and activities;
- lead healthy, active lives.
Learning Foci for PE
1. To acquire knowledge and understanding of fitness and health.
2. To acquire, develop, select and apply skills, tactics and compositional ideas (including Dance, Gymnastics, Games Activities and Athletics).
3. To take part in outdoor adventurous activities.
4. To swim safely and competently.
5. To evaluate and improve performance.
Where possible, PE sessions are taught with all the schools together to enable more effective delivery. On federation days children participate in PE and Swimming lessons as a larger group.