Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. The children take an active role with setting their targets, discussing them with the class teacher/SENCO. The children have regular meetings with support staff to discuss their progress and support.
- Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff identify where provision is needed. Provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs.
- The children take an active role with setting their targets, discussing them with the class teacher/SENCO.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through a review of a child’s SEN Support Plan or the Annual Review of their Statement of SEN or EHC Plan.
Parents are able to talk to their child’s teacher at parent’s evenings and are also invited at these times to speak to the SENCO about any concerns they have. Parents/carers should be aware of our ‘open-door’ policy and are welcome to come into school at any time to discuss any concerns they may have. Children who have SEN support plans discuss their targets with the SENCO/class teacher.
For children with the highest level of need/support, the school, and everyone involved with the child, will attend an Annual Review to determine future levels of support and provision. If your child has an EHCP (Education Health & Care Plan) or Statement of SEN their views will be sought before any review meetings.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.